The Double Trouble Duathlon date has been changed. Please call the store for more information.
Fleet Feet Sports presents the 3rd Annual Double Trouble Offroad Duathlon and Relay at Bays Mountain Park. This "Run--Bike--Run" event will consist of a 5k trail run followed by a 15K mountain bike ride followed again by a different 5k trail run. Participation can either be individual or relay. Relay can have either two or three participants; however teams of three will be penalized one minute on overall time. No extreme hills to run. We will bike to the firetower. Pre-registration and race day registration available. Online registration forthcoming.
- We will start above the parking lot at the “maintenance building”. This is where the Fun Fest mountain bike race finishes.
- The first run will be Lake Road to Azalea Trail; Azalea Trail to left onto Big Oak Trail; Big Oak Trail to Lake Road; turn left on Lake Road and come back to transition area.
- The transition area is in the "upper parking lot" in front of the farmstead museum.
- The bike ride will go from the transition area to Lake Road Lake Road to Azalea Trail; follow Azalea to the top and turn left onto River Mountain Road(the radio antennas). Follow for another 2.5 miles to the firetower. Continue to Indian Pipes Trail; turn left onto Bear Run trail; turn right onto River Mountain Rd. then make a quick left at Feagins Gap onto Lake Road; follow Lake Road to left onto Big Oak Trail; Big Oak to right onto Azalea Trail; go down Azalea to left onto Lake Road; Lake road back to transition area.
- Last run will leave the transition area and go across the dam and turn right onto Lakeside Trail. Follow Lakeside Trail across Lake Road and continue onto Chinquapin Trail Stay on this until it intersects with Big Oak Trail Turn right at the intersection and then turn left back onto Lake Road. Continue back to the transition area.